Javascript is not currently enabled in your browser.
You must enable Javascript to run this web page correctly.

Apply Now

Please remember to complete your Cash for College Survey

If you are filing a FAFSA, you will need a FSA ID. To create a FSA ID click here .

Fill out and submit the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) if you are an undocumented student.

Fill out and submit the Chafee Application if you were in foster care for at least one day, between the ages of 16 and 18.

Site Information

  • LA Public Library - Van Nuys Branch
  • Other Community Partners
  • 6250 Sylmar Ave , Van Nuys , CA 91401
  • 8187568453 Ext:
02/21/2023 6:00 PM 7:30 PM

Need help filling out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)? Join us for a session with UNITE-LA volunteers who will help you fill out your FAFSA! Please bring the following documents (if you have them): FSA (Federal Student Aid) ID; Driver's License; Social Security Card; Alien Registration Card; ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number); List of colleges you are interested in; Most current bank statements; Records of untaxed income; 2021 tax information (1040s and W2s). Additionally, please bring a laptop or other device, so you can fill out your FAFSA online during the workshop. For ADA accommodations, call (213) 228-7430 at least 72 hours prior to the event. Para ajustes razonables según la ley de ADA, llama al (213) 228-7430 al menos 72 horas antes del evento. This program was made possible with the generous support of the Duttenhaver Foundation and the Library Foundation of Los Angeles.

  • ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
    FAFSA on the Web worksheet presentation
    Cal Grant and other financial aid overview
    AB540/CA Dream Act assistance
  • English
  • Open to community